How To Use Air Fryer to Make These 4 Healthy Recipes
Let’s be honest. From time to time, we all crave fried foods. And the air fryer is the latest kitchen gadget that has caught our attention for that purpose.
An air fryer can provide you yummy fried meals but without the need to use all that excessive oil. It is because it uses hot air circulation in an enclosed space to fry your food.
Therefore, you can avoid the oil-related health problems while consuming crispy, fried sweet potatoes, or some crispy tofu.To begin using this kitchen appliance, try these following easy to make air fryer recipes.
Onion Rings (Vegan)
This recipe has taken the top place in our list of healthy air fryer recipes. You don’t have to use any cooking oil to make them, and no eggs. Moreover, they would be ready to eat in only eight minutes.
Garlic and Herb-roasted Chickpeas
Among all the best things to make in an air fryer, this recipe has become our favorite. Sure, you can make this in your oven. But making it in an air fryer brings in some extra crispy flavor.
- Take 2 cans of chickpeas. Drain and rinse them. Then put them in a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs(thyme, rosemary, etc.). Add in some black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Then, stir to combine all the seasoning and oil. You have to make sure that all the chickpeas are coated well.
- After that, divide it into two batches and cook in the air fryer at 200-degree Celcius for 15-20 minutes. Remember that the chickpeas need stirring while at a 10-minute mark.
- Don’t worry if you hear some popping.
- Before taking them out, check if all the chickpeas are golden brown in color, and crispy all the way through.
- Eat them while they are warm.
Sweet Potato Fries
Making sweet potato fries in your air fryer will provide you extra crispiness. So, go ahead and give this delicious recipe a try.
- Take two medium-sized sweet potatoes. Slice them into ½ inch planks. Then cut them into equal-sized fries.
- After that put them into a mixing bowl. Spray some olive oil making sure all the potato strips are well coated.
- Next, take some salt and paprika to season the sweet potato strips. Add onion powder and garlic powder before remixing them.
- You can add chipotle powder if you like to.
- After the sweet potato strips are well coated in oil and seasoning, divide them into four batches.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer, and preheat it to 400 degrees. However, the temperature works differently for different models of the air fryer. So, take a look at the instruction guide of your air fryer model.
- Now, place one batch of seasoned sweet potato fries into the air fryer basket. Put them in an even layer.
- Cook them for eight minutes. Remember that the potatoes need to be stirred at 4 minutes mark.
- After they are done, repeat the process to cook the other three batches.
- Smaller end pieces of the sweet potato fries may need only four minutes to cook.
- You can eat fries immediately.
- To warm the fries again, just place the sweet potatoes in the air fryer and cook for two minutes.
Buffalo Low-Carb Cauliflower Wings
With this recipe, you can turn your meal super healthy. It’s easy to prepare, and quick cooking time is another advantage.
- Begin by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celcius.
- Cut 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower into bites. Then, wash and pat them dry thoroughly.
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons of hot sauce with 1 tablespoon of almond flour, and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a large bowl. Add some salt to taste too.
- Add the cauliflower and mix them well with the seasoning. Ensure that every piece of cauliflower is well coated.
- Divide all the cauliflower wings into two batches.
- Next, put one batch onto the air fryer. For better air circulation, make sure the wings aren’t touching.
- Then cook for 12-15 minutes. When the cooking is halfway thru, stir the wings.
- After the first batch is done, set the cauliflower wings aside. Cook the second batch but for 2-3 minutes less.